Sunday, December 7, 2008

Last Season In Jr.X

This was indeed my third and final season as a Jr.X racer.  2007 was a great season, the only blemish being injury.  But in terms of results it definitely set a new standard that I had to meet.  2008 started off with a visit out to Sea Otter where I was able to see what the industry is really like when it is running full tilt (NORBA Nationals at Mount Snow are not much to compare by).  Suffice to say it was interesting, but unless it is required of me, I will stick to starting the season in May, not April.  Plattekill was the first race on the East with the Jr. World's qualifier.  4th was a good place to start the season off.  From that point on it was race mode.  Highlights include 3rd in AM DH and 2nd in DS at the US Open, a hat trick of wins mid season (Diablo, Platty, Windham), 2nd at Whiteface and then 1st overall in the Sobe Series and 2nd overal in the Gravity East Series, both in Jr.X.  The courses this year were all awesome, the highlight results being on the most fun of the bunch.  With good comes bad, and the bad this season was flatting at Nat'ls at Mount Snow (course was BA though) and then breaking my hand on Sept 28th.  I was able to finish the season and hold my series titles, but it wasnt quite what I had in mind.  All in all '08 was awesome and one of, if not, the best yet.  Next season I am looking to make the jump up to the Pro ranks and run in the Big Show.  For now it is all about training and recovery in the off season.  Off to the gym I go!