Sunday, December 7, 2008

2008...

2008 was an up and down year for me. With o.k. results in 2007 (http://www.drummerracing.com/results.htm) I was looking to get o.k. results consistently in o8 and qualify at the US Open. The first race of the year at Platty was a promising start to the season. But mechanicals and injuries were a constant interruption this year. I became very familiar with the inner workings of a fox 40 and my left ankle. Racing was less than great, I had few solid races but nothing spectacular. 2007 was a better racing season. Whiteface was awesome just a lot of fun. So was the new National Champs course @ Mt. Snow. The Pats Peak race course was also tits. It rode a lot like Drummer did. Riding on the other hand was a blast.Drummer blew up in April thanks to Steve, Doug and Sam's crew. Lots of new stuff out there. Killington was as swamp for most of July. I think Kmart had dusty conditions maybe twice there this year. Several trips to Bromont, Whiteface and Highlands rounded out the season. Got my $ worth from Kmart. Place is sick. Late fall marked the first annual Pumpkinfest Invatational on Drummer. It was a blast. Everyone is looking forward to doing it again in the spring. Steve hooked it up with a xc trail bike. Vintage 90s v- brakes, xtr, raceface. I threw on a stumpy stem, pair of riser bars and whoa i got a hardtail. = fun easy trails cease to be easy. my dh bike will be pissed. 2009 Norba restructed its shit. Cat 1 or Pro ? Don't know yet.