Friday, August 6, 2010

Skate Park Tour 2010/ Drive Home

So instead of driving straight home to NYC today, I used a website called Concrete Disciples to map out a couple of skate parks that weren't far off of I-91 and I-95. I found Greenfield skate park, which I'd been to before and Milford skate park in Connecticut, which I'd never been to before. Greenfield was sick, had the whole place to myself, rode there for about 45 minutes, super hot, sweat a ton. Milford was super sick. Bit of a puney little "street" section, but the concrete bowl and transitions were a ton of fun to ride. Ended my tour at the Highbridge Park dirt jumps in NYC, which had changed quite a bit since my last time riding there. Took quite a few runs to dial in the new flow of the jumps, made more difficult by the distraction of obnoxious dominicans yelling behind me. Overall, trip was a great success and it certainly won't be the last time.