Monday, June 1, 2009

Mt. Snow Follow Up

So it's Monday, June 1st, and the race finished up yesterday afternoon at around 1 pm. The rain held off for the most part, a few sprinkles here and there, but nothing course changing. On my end, I decided to replicate my fall from practice on Saturday, at the end of practice on Sunday, but into a giant mud puddle. Just as awful, but with more mud...read: mud in and on everything. Yuck. But, that aside the race itself was pretty good for eveyone. Ollie's chain gave up the ghost out of the start gate which was a huge bummer, as he was looking really solid all weekend. Jack gave Cat 1 a nice whipping with an 8th place finish (hopefully he'll drop another line and chime in) and a time of 3:47 and change. For my first debut USAC Pro race I managed 11th with a 3:49 and change. I was a lack luster run, but after two massive falls, I just wanted to get down in one piece. Doug had a great run as well, but I forgot his time, my apologies. Look out for Mr. DMD, as he is looking on point for 2009. Fun times.